Ali Al Fazari
Dr. Ali Al Fazari is an Emirati Medical Academic Physician and Healthcare Leader. He is a board-certified and Canadian Trained Consultant Gastroenterologist and Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine. Dr. Al Fazari completed his Internal Medicine training at Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, and later pursuit specialty fellowship training in Gastroenterology at Ottawa University, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Dr. Ali has worked at three large medical institutions in Canada: Queen Elizabeth II Hospitals in Halifax, NS; Ottawa Civic Hospital, Ottawa, ON; Toronto Western Hospital, Toronto, ON.
Additionally, Dr. Al Fazari holds a master’s in management in Healthcare Leadership from McGill University, Montreal, Canada.
Before joining American Hospital, Dr. Al Fazari worked in various posts, including consultant gastroenterologist at Tawam Hospital affiliated with Johns Hopkins Medicine and Mediclinic Welcare Hospital, Dubai. Lately, he has worked as Director of Medical Simulation and Clinical Training Center at UAE University. Dr. Al Fazari has served in various national healthcare and education-related initiatives and committees such as the UAE Government Leaders Program, Government Accelerators Program, and UAE Ministry of Health Home Mobile Health Clinics initiative.
Dr. Al Fazari’s areas of interest are Gastrointestinal Functional and Motility Studies, including Manometry and pH studies, Endoscopic management of Gastroesophageal reflux, Advanced diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy, Colon cancer screening, diagnosis and management of inflammatory bowel diseases (Crohn's disease and Ulcerative Colitis), Diagnosis and Management of hepatitis and its complications.
|Spoken Languages :
|Types of Physician :
|DHA License :
||Chief of Internal Medicine
American Hospital Dubai
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- American College of Physicians
- American Gastroenterology Association
- American Neurogastroenterology and Motility Association
- Consultant gastroenterologist, Tawam Hospital, Al Ain
- Consultant Gastroenterologist, Mediclinic Welcare Hospital, Dubai
Clinical Expertise & Services Offered:
- Gastrointestinal Functional and Motility Studies including Manometry and pH studies
- Endoscopic management of Gastroesophageal reflux (Stretta Procedure)
- Advanced diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy
- Colon cancer screening
- Diagnosis and Management of Inflammatory bowel diseases (Crohn's disease and Ulcerative Colitis)
- Diagnosis and Management of hepatitis and its complications
- Diagnosis and Management of gastroesophageal reflux, peptic ulcer, nausea, vomiting and changes in bowel habits including management of gastrointestinal bleeding
- Intra-Gastric Balloon systems for weight management