Many types of injuries and illnesses can damage a person’s musculoskeletal health. In order to improve mobility, discover how physical therapy can aid you in living a pain-free and healthy life.
Physiotherapy is concerned with maintaining and restoring musculoskeletal health through physical rehabilitation. People who have illnesses, disabilities, or injuries that affect their movement can get the help of physiotherapists for physical therapy and educating themselves on how exercises can help their bodies.
Physical therapy encourages development and aids in recovery, enabling people to carry on with their daily lives. Physiotherapy can be beneficial at any age, and it can aid with sports injuries, backaches, joint pain, brain injury, spinal cord injury, preparation for childbirth, and much more.
Certain injuries and disabilities can lower the movement of our bodies. In order to regain and restore pain-free mobility, it is important to seek physiotherapy services to improve musculoskeletal health. Below is a list of reasons how physiotherapy can improve your condition:
• Lower pain levels: Physical therapy can significantly lower pain levels in individuals suffering from chronic pain by using therapeutic exercises that can help the mobility of joints and soft tissues as well as restore muscle function which in turn can eliminate pain.
• Avoiding surgery: Research has shown that physiotherapy can at times be just as effective for an individual as surgery, e.g., for lower back conditions.
• Post-surgical recovery: Doctors may recommend physical therapy after a patient has undergone surgery, such as repairment of a fractured hip, to help speed up the recovery process and regain movement. In some cases, such as cardiac patients, it is recommended even prior to surgery.
• General mobility: Mobility can become a problem at any age whether due to an accident, sports injury, or a sedentary lifestyle. Physical therapy can be advantageous in eliminating problems in movement caused by such injuries.
Physiotherapy could be needed for a number of medical conditions whether it is an illness, disability of an injury. Following is a list of some conditions that can require physiotherapy:
• Multiple sclerosis
• Brain injury
• Spinal cord injury
• Breast Cancer
• Sports injuries
• Joint pain
• Pediatric Conditions/Developmental delay
• Rotator Cuff Injury
• Frozen Shoulder
American Hospital’s team of specialists provides optimal care at our rehabilitation center in Dubai. Physiotherapy can make a person’s overall living easier and improve their health with a series of treatments that are catered to their specific requirements. After undergoing a thorough check-up, your physiotherapist may recommend the following treatments:
• Range of Motion Exercises (ROM): People who experience restricted mobility can improve a great deal through a range of motion exercises if they are recovering from fractured bones or surgery. ROM exercises tend to encourage joint movement and facilitate circulation.
• Electrotherapy: This is an energy-based physical therapy technique that uses electrical stimulation by attaching electrodes to the skin. These electrodes can then shorten muscles which can help with muscle atrophy.
• Soft Tissue Mobilization: Also known as therapeutic massage, this exercise can help with relaxing the muscles which can reduce swelling in certain parts of the body. This physiotherapy is excellent for those suffering from athletic injuries.
• Cryotherapy/Heat Therapy: This type of therapy uses hot or cold packs to regain movement in stiff muscles.
American Hospital Dubai houses an expert team of physicians who aim to provide their patients with excellent care and treatment through the use of world-class technology and the latest techniques in the medical field. If you are suffering from an injury or illness that restricts your mobility, get in touch with one of our physiotherapy doctors to get the best physiotherapy in Dubai by booking an appointment on the secure online form given on our website. We invite you to experience the optimal healthcare services here at American Hospital if you have been on the lookout for a physiotherapy center near me, physiotherapy clinic, rehabilitation center in UAE, physiotherapy in UAE, or physiotherapy near me.
English, Italian, Romanian
English, greek, Italian
Arabic, English, filoppino
English, German, greek
English, Hiligaynon, Tagalog
English, Tagalog, Urdu
Arabic, English, Hindi, Kannada, Marathi, Tulu
English, Hindi, Marathi
Arabic, English, French
Arabic, English, Gujarati, Hindi, Marathi