Nephrology Specialists at American Hospital help your kidneys function the way they should. We provide a full range of services, including advanced diagnostic procedures and treatments, to help patients prevent or delay kidney failure and live healthier lives while managing a kidney disorder.
Nephrology is an Internal Medicine specialty addressing conditions related to impaired kidney function. Normal kidney functions involve regulating the blood pressure, maintaining the balance of a body in terms of water, electrolytes (mainly comprising sodium, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium), acid-base, blood pressure, vitamin D production, and erythropoietin production which controls the red blood cell production. Any imbalance in their production can prevent kidneys from performing their routine functions, and lead to serious complications such as kidney failure.
Our kidney doctors - known as nephrologists - work in close coordination with other medical specialists to develop and provide the most effective treatment for a wide range of kidney disorders. For the patient’s overall health and personal well-being, we use the full array of our specialties and provide the following services:
• General nephrology for kidney disease (consultation and follow-up)
• Kidney disease management
• Difficult to control hypertension
• Kidney stone risk evaluation and prevention
• Glomerulonephritis (autoimmune diseases of the kidneys)
• Kidney biopsy
• Post-kidney transplantation care
While we treat a wide range of kidney disorders in children and adults at American Hospital, our nephrologists work closely to ensure that our patients receive the best possible care. Here’s a list of nephrology conditions that we treat:
• Acute kidney Injury
• Chronic and congenital kidney diseases (including diabetic kidney disease and end-stage renal disease)
• Polycystic kidney disease
• Proteinuria (protein in the urine)
• Hematuria (blood in the urine)
• Electrolyte and acid-base imbalances (excess or deficiency of sodium, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, bicarbonate)
• Anemia secondary to chronic kidney disease
• Nephrolithiasis (kidney stones)
• Edema (fluid retention in the body)
• Preeclampsia and kidney disease in pregnancy
• Renal tubular acidosis
• Kidney vasculitis
• Lupus kidney diseases
• Nephrotic syndrome
• Nephrotoxicity (toxic injury of the kidneys)
The Nephrology team at American Hospital designs a personalized treatment plan based on the patient’s overall health and the type and severity of their kidney disease. Specific treatment options woven into a treatment plan include: Slowing down kidney disease and preventing dialysis, Dialysis, Medications, Palliative care, Support in making lifestyle changes, Surgery, and Transplantation.
We’re also among few healthcare service providers in UAE to offer the nephrology procedures:
• Acute and chronic hemodialysis and hemodiafiltration
• Continuous renal replacement therapy (CVVHD, CVVHDF)
• Therapeutic plasma exchange
Our exceptional team of kidney specialists (nephrologists) provides the most advanced and compassionate care, whatever type of kidney disease you or your loved one may have. The Nephrology department strives to provide a high standard of evaluation and treatment for kidney disorders in adults. It has a team of dedicated, well-trained, and experienced nephrologists, committed to providing excellent care in different settings: outpatient clinic, dialysis unit, inpatient wards. Suffice to say that you will get treatment and the best dialysis from the best nephrologists in UAE when you need it.
The Nephrology Department has a state-of-the-art hemodialysis unit with modern design, spacious single rooms, modern digital hemodialysis machines, very well-trained, experienced, and compassionate hemodialysis nurses. In addition, our nephrology doctor in Dubai keeps you under examination to make sure your condition remains under control. In addition, it helps the nephrologist to keep a check on the effects of medicine and dialysis after each session. Consistent check gives way to proper attention to the patient. As a result, patients regain health faster during their stay at the best dialysis hospital in Dubai.
Should you have any questions about Nephrology or seek consultation from the best Nephrologist in UAE, schedule an appointment with us using our secure web form with complete confidence right away.