Cosmetic Surgery is an exciting field that seeks to enhance a person's physical appearance and boost self-confidence. Thanks to recent advancements in medical science and technology, Cosmetic Surgery now provides many options for achieving desired looks. Body Contouring helps contour the body to desired shape by eliminating extra fat and skin for toned muscles; Facial Rejuvenation restores youthfulness to faces by smoothing out wrinkles, and fine lines, erasing blemishes and improving texture.
Cosmetic Surgery is not just about vanity; it can profoundly affect someone's mental and emotional well-being. Studies have indicated that those who undergo Cosmetic Surgery experience an increase in their self-esteem, leading to greater fulfillment in personal and professional relationships.
What Are Plastic Surgery Procedures?
Plastic surgery procedures refer to a range of surgical techniques designed to enhance someone's appearance or function through alteration or reconstruction of their body. Common plastic surgery procedures include:
Refers to plastic surgery procedures done solely for aesthetic purposes to enhance a person's facial, body or other parts of their anatomy. Examples include liposuction, facelifts and tummy tucks.
This involves surgical procedures that reshape and contour the body for a more pleasing aesthetic appearance. Common techniques include liposuction, tummy tucks, and body lifts.
Facial rejuvenation is types of plastic surgery procedures aim to enhance the facial aesthetic by smoothing away wrinkles, fine lines and other signs of aging. Common plastic surgery procedures include facelifts, eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty).
These involve plastic surgery procedures that alter the size, shape or appearance of breasts. Examples include breast augmentation, lifts and reductions.
Procedure for Plastic Surgery
Here is an overview of the plastic surgery procedure:
- Consultation: The initial step in any plastic surgery process begins with a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon.
- Pre-operative Preparation: Patients will receive pre-operative instructions once the surgical plan has been decided upon. This could include discontinuing certain medications or supplements, arranging for someone to drive them home after the surgery, and abstaining from food and drinks for a specified time before the operation.
- Anesthesia: Before beginning surgery, the patient will be administered anesthesia. The type of anesthesia used will depend on the specific procedure and the patient's health status.
- Incision: The surgeon will create an incision in the appropriate body area to access underlying tissue.
- Surgical Procedure: The surgical process depends on the type of surgery being performed. Body contouring involves eliminating excess fat and skin for a toned appearance; facial rejuvenation involves lifting and tightening skin to reduce wrinkles or sagging; breast surgery may involve inserting implants or removing extra tissue to alter breast size and shape.
- Closure: After the surgery, the incisions will be sutured shut with stitches or surgical tape. Afterward, bandaging or wrapping the area promotes healing and comfort during recovery.
- Post-operative Care: Following surgery, patients will receive post-operative instructions. This could include wearing compression garments, taking prescribed medications, abstaining from certain activities, and attending follow-up appointments with the surgeon to monitor progress.
Preparation for Plastic Surgery Procedures:
Here are some helpful tips for those preparing for plastic surgery procedures such as cosmetic surgery, body contouring, facial rejuvenation and breast surgery:
- When selecting a plastic surgeon for any procedure, make sure they are board-certified in that specialty. Research their credentials, read reviews, and ask to see before- and after photos of previous patients to get an idea of their quality work.
- Before deciding on a plastic surgeon, schedule a consultation to discuss your goals, expectations and any queries that arise. This is also your chance to ask any queries about the procedure itself.
- Follow your surgeon's preoperative instructions carefully, which may include abstaining from certain medications, quitting smoking and abstaining from alcohol and caffeine before surgery.
- After surgery, arrange for a responsible adult to take you home and stay with you for at least the first 24 hours. Do not attempt to drive or operate heavy machinery after the operation.
- Prepare your home for recovery by setting up comfortable clothes that are easy to put on and take off, having plenty of pillows to elevate your head and limbs, and stocking up on healthy foods and drinks.
- Follow your surgeon's postoperative instructions carefully, which may include taking medications as prescribed, refraining from strenuous activity and attending follow-up appointments.
- Be patient during your recovery period and give your body time to heal. Results may not be visible immediately after surgery; it could take weeks or months before you see the full benefits.
By adhering to these tips, you can help guarantee a smooth and successful plastic surgery procedures experience.
After Plastic Surgery Procedure Precautions:
Plastic surgery procedures can be a life-altering experience for many individuals. To guarantee a successful outcome, here are some steps you can take after plastic surgery:
- Follow Your Surgeon's Postoperative Instructions: Your surgeon will provide a list of postoperative instructions that must be strictly adhered to. These may include taking medications, abstaining from certain activities, keeping the surgical site clean, and attending follow-up appointments.
- Manage Pain and Discomfort after Surgery: Pain and discomfort are joint after surgery but can be managed effectively with prescribed pain medication. Take your medication as directed and avoid taking any over-the-counter medications unless expressly advised by your surgeon.
- Rest and Relaxation: Taking some time off after surgery is essential to allow your body to heal correctly. Avoid strenuous activities, exercise, or any physical activity that could put undue stress on the surgical site. Also, refrain from bending, lifting, or straining in any way.
- Healthy Eating and Hydration: A nutritious diet rich in nutrients, fiber, and protein can aid healing and strengthen your immune system. Furthermore, make sure to drink plenty of water to stay hydrated - which is essential for healthy skin and tissue.
- Quit Smoking: Smoking increases the risks of complications before and after surgery, such as delayed healing or infection, so quitting smoking before and after your procedure is essential.
- Wear Compression Garments: Compression garments can help reduce swelling and accelerate healing after surgery. Your surgeon will guide the appropriate use of compression garments.
- Attend Follow-Up Appointments: Make sure to attend all scheduled follow-up appointments with your surgeon to monitor your healing progress and ensure you recover properly.
Following these precautions can help ensure a successful and safe plastic surgery recovery. Always adhere to your surgeon's instructions and seek medical assistance if you experience unusual symptoms or complications.
Schedule an Appointment:
American Hospital provides a wide range of minimally invasive cosmetic surgery options that require minimal treatment time, cause less scarring, offer speedy recovery, and have little chance of infections or other complications.
Our board-certified plastic surgeons and breast reduction surgeons provide customized solutions for all your aesthetic needs and ensure that each candidate for cosmetic surgery leaves the premises with satisfactory results.
For appointments and queries, please fill out our secure online form available right here.