Breast augmentation is a procedure that allows the harmoniously reshaping of a woman's breasts through the use of the latest generation of implants. The implants, if chosen correctly, confer an increase in breast volume in harmony with the proportions of a body.
Plastic Surgeons at American Hospital have international experience that can facilitate individuals seeking a breast enlargement procedure choose the most suitable implant for various body types. For breast enlargement, implants and fat grafts are used. Using the right technique significantly reduces the risks associated with the intervention (contractions, rotations, etc.) and the operating times (the entire operation takes about 40 minutes). Normally the procedure does not require the use of annoying drains, hence a pain-free operation. The scar is very small and perfectly hidden even after many years thanks to the correct positioning of the fold.
The female body undergoes countless changes due to the hormonal fluctuations faced during puberty, pregnancy, breastfeeding, and weight loss. In some cases, it can leave women with the choice of going up a few sizes to boost their femininity.
Breast enlargement surgery is sought for many reasons which generally include:
• Volume restoration in breasts felt to be out of proportion or smaller than the rest of the body
• Improve the contour and shape of the chest
• Achieve symmetry for uneven curves
• Restore fullness to the breasts after weight loss and pregnancy
• Improve the cleavage
• Add elasticity and a youthful curve to breasts that have sagged with age
• Improve body image and self-esteem affected by the size of the chest
Our experienced cosmetic surgeons at American Hospital take time to understand your cosmetic goals and then guide you through every step of the process so you can make an informed decision about the procedure.
Cosmetic surgeons make incisions according to the pre-approved plan to create a pocket of space between the pectoral muscle and breast tissue to accommodate the implant or graft. There are three types of incisions available:
• The axillary incision - where implants are inserted through the armpit.
• The infra-mammary incision - where the incision is made around the nipple
• The infra-mammary incision - where the cut is made under the breast fold. This is the most popular choice.
Once the procedure is completed, the cuts are sealed with sutures. At America Hospital, we provide the most advanced technologies and through them, it is even possible to create a 3D virtual simulation of the final results of the procedure with a perfect correspondence with reality. Since breast enlargement is a highly customizable procedure, each calculation or each line is planned in accordance with the patient's desire to obtain harmonious results and perfect proportions.
• The recovery timeline differs from person to person, according to the surgery performed. Fatigue, pain, and soreness can be expected in the immediate hours after surgery. Pain medication and sports bras often come in handy during this stage.
• Due to the high dosage of general anesthesia involved, women are unable to drive for some time. However, it is advised to start driving according to the progress of the recovery.
• Discomfort continues throughout the first week which can be improved via pain relief medications. Initial leakage and bleeding are normal and will stop once the bruising and swelling subsides.
• Within a couple of days, you can resume your routine movements and get back to work if you do not have a physically demanding job.
• Some numbness and tingling can be felt between the fourth and sixth weeks. The muscles begin to heal, your nerves begin to wake up. This is the perfect time to get back to your normal routine.
• Beyond the six-week mark, your breasts start looking natural. You can start strenuous workouts and physical pursuits after this milestone.
Things to Remember:
• Women are suggested to wear a sports bra for the first three months after a breast enlargement surgery.
• It takes around six months for the breasts to heal and retain a natural shape and contour.
• The wound must be kept clean with regular application of topical treatments recommended by cosmetic specialists to avoid visible scarring.
• The scar tissue starts fading after six weeks. It is beneficial to avoid direct sunlight.
• It is ideal to sleep upright or on the back during the early days of recuperation. Lateral positions can be dangerous for the newly reconstructed region.
American Hospital is among the fewer healthcare providers in the region that enjoys a unique reputation for plastic surgery, especially breast enlargement or breast reduction procedures. Our cosmetic surgery team comprises highly experienced and board-certified surgeons with a demonstrated history of delivering optimal results and winning customers’ satisfaction.
We use the latest technology and techniques to ensure that you receive the desired results. These procedures are meant to boost your confidence and make you satisfied with your body.
If you seek more information about breast augmentation or breast reduction procedures, book an appointment with a Plastic Surgeon at American Hospital Dubai using our secure web form.