"If a child shows interest in fasting at a younger age, he or she can be encouraged to try.”
Dr. Abeer Khayat
Pediatrician, American Hospital Dubai
- Provide three well-balanced meals per day and two small snacks; make sure that your child eats breakfast before going to school.
- Get your kids used to eating at least five servings of fresh fruits and vegetables per day; one serving is the size of a child’s fist.
- Avoid sugary drinks, fast food, and processed food, as this can place your child at risk for obesity, and can affect the child’s general health.
- Keep your child physically active through sports and free play, at least 30-60 minutes per day.
- Avoid long hours on electronic screens; keep it limited to two hours or less per day.
- Maintain good sleeping habits throughout the year to ensure normal growth and development.
American Hospital Pediatric department offers high-quality medical care for children from birth until 18 years.
The early detection, prevention, and management of different medical conditions, growth, and developmental disorders can be achieved through the Childhood Health
Maintenance Programme in the pediatric clinic.
Care for acute and chronic illnesses is provided through a wide range of services including general pediatrics, pediatric surgery, endocrinology, hematology, and ophthalmology.