Acne scarring plagues the appearance of many of the individuals who have recovered from active breakouts. Thanks to the advanced technology that has helped doctors understand how to best care for patients struggling with this particular skin condition. At American Hospital Dubai, we provide personalized treatment plans for the effective management of acne scars. Our solutions will also restore blemish-free revitalized skin.
Acne is a skin condition characterized by blocked pores, pimples, and lumps. It strikes individuals during their teenage and appears on the exposed areas of the skin such as the face, neck, shoulders, chest, upper arms, and back. Not only is acne unsightly, but it also causes scars that can feel downright diabolical. The scarring appears when a breakout penetrates the skin, clogs pores, and damages the underlying tissues. When the clogged pore ruptures, the infected contents spill out through the break and affect the surrounding healthy tissues. Once the pore opened, the body attempts to repair its skin. This wound healing response ends up developing a scar on the skin.
Although not harmful, residual scarring is more of a cosmetic concern that can be addressed with home remedies. When at-home treatments fail to provide relief, the patients may require medical intervention to achieve the desired outcomes, such as the reduced appearance of scars. That’s when our skincare Specialists, offering a variety of treatments, come to the rescue.
The Dermatologists at American Hospital create a personalized treatment plan after taking into account the severity of breakouts, type of scars, and the unique characteristics of each patient, and use a wide variety of advanced laser and radio-frequency devices to improve the appearance of acne scars. The treatment options we offer are:
• Dermabrasion: It uses a rotating wire brush to deeply exfoliate the top layer of the skin that results in the visible reduction of the appearance of scars.
• Fillers: A moderate way of managing scarring by injecting substances beneath the skin’s surface to retrieve a youthful profile. Fillers fill in the scars, plump up the skin, and also restore the firmness of the skin.
• Chemical Peels: They involve chemical solutions to remove the outermost layer of the affected skin so that new skin could grow, making scars less visible.
• Laser therapy: It's the most sought-after procedure for acne scarring. The laser therapy focuses light on the upper dermal layers that disintegrates scar tissues and promotes the healthy growth of new cells.
• Micro-needling: It involves puncturing of the affected area to promote the production of natural collagen in the treated area.
Whichever type of acne scars you believe you have, our customized treatments can help combat distressing symptoms. Visit our skincare specialists and get the right treatment for your condition.
We bring you Skincare Consultants who have extensive experience in treating thousands of patients with skin issues and hundreds of cases with acne problems every year. Our medical professionals will elaborate on all available options for the treatment of your acne, enabling you to make an informed decision regarding your skin issues.
Our Dermatology & Aesthetic Medicine facility at American Hospital Dubai draws significant recognition for maintaining world-class standards in providing patient care. We exercise strict hygiene practices and take all necessary measures to ensure that our patients receive a satisfactory experience. Also, our friendly staff boasts a wealth of expertise in handling the advanced equipment and is easily approachable. To find out more about our acne treatment options, book an appointment by using or secure web form or calling us at +971 43775500 today.