The American Hospital Dubai provides a comprehensive range of advanced services to test, diagnose, treat and manage a wide range of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, including inflammatory bowel diseases, irritable bowel syndrome, reflux, peptic ulcer disease, liver and pancreatic diseases.
The department of gastroenterology is introducing a new program for colorectal cancer screening. Colorectal cancer is a leading cause of cancer-related deaths amongst men and women and yet it is one of the most preventable and often curable with early screening, detection and diagnosis. Screening for colorectal cancer can detect precancerous polyps so they can be removed before they turn into cancer. Put simply, screening saves lives.
- Clinical Offerings
- Diagnosis and Management of Digestive Diseases
- Center for Inflammatory bowel diseases with special expertise in Crohn’s and Ulcerative Colitis treatment, multimodal therapy, treatment with Biologicals/TNF alpha antibodies
- Diagnosis and Management of all Liver Diseases, including Hepatitis B and C
- Nutritional medicine center: Food Allergies, Intolerances, Obesity, enteral nutrition in chronic diseases
- Upper GI Endoscopy/ stomach and duodenum ( Diagnostic & Therapeutic)
- Colonoscopy ( Diagnostic & Therapeutic)
- Enteroscopy ( Endoscopy of the Small Intestines)
- PEG tubes for continuous enteral feeding, Nasogastric tubes and duodenal tubes
- Capsule Endoscopy of small bowel
- Endoscopic Ultrasound
- UBT (Urea Breathing Test) for Helicobacter Pylori
- Hydrogen breathing test – Lactose intolerance tests